It's break fast with your family weekend. Here is my contribution for the feast. In typical huge Malay families there will be few mains, few desserts, few drinks and a lot of appetizers.
Sat will be at my side and Sun will be at Mr E's family. I decided to prepare both today so I can sleep longer tomorrow. I'm not too sure how it taste like as this is my first time using half mascarpone and half cream cheese. I hope it taste ok.
If not ok just swallow and don't comment 😜
1 Cup Espresso
4 Egg Yolks
½ Cup Sugar
1 Cup + 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup(8 oz.) Mascarpone (this batch I used ½ mascarpone and ½ cream cheese)
Cocoa Powder, for dusting
Chocolate rasp | Coffee candy | Chocolate flakes and etc.
Place the egg yolks, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the heavy cream in a small saucepan and whisk together well. Place over medium heat and whisk constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the custard thickens(enough to coat the back of a spoon). Remove from heat, scrape into a large mixing bowl and let cool completely.
In another bowl, beat the remaining heavy cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
Add the mascarpone to the cooled custard and whisk together until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream until well combined. And we are ready to assemble
1. Get ready a deep dish or small serving cups (your preference)
2. Scoop some or a tablespoon (for single serving) of the mascarpone mix into the dish or cups
3. Dip the lady finger in espresso and it on the mascarpone mix
4. Drizzle some melted chocolate
5. Scoop some or a tablespoon (for single serving) of the mascarpone mix to cover the lady finger
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 until it reach to the bream of the dish
7. Dust the top with cocoa powder and sprinkle your preference chocolate or candy on top
8. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.